Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Projects :)

We have been in our house for a month now!! We have been slowly plugging away at unpacking and getting things done the way we both want...ok more me then Nate, but shhhh don't tell him that hehe

Last weekend Kallie gave me a TV cabinet that she didn't want anymore, we were hoping our TV would fit in it, but of course it was a half an inch too big!! So it sat in the corner while I figured out what to do with it....Finally decided to make it the computer cabinet instead :)
 This is how it started out, kinda dark inside, which if its for a TV is perfect, but when I am going to be using it for my laptop not so great....
 Took the back off...
 Added a shelf :)
Put the back, back on
 And put all my crap back in it haha
So much brighter inside now :) 
 Oh yeah and put the other door back on, it was a lil loose so we had to get a new screw :)
 Then this past weekend, decided to clean out the garage, organize the boxes that were left to unpack....probably my OCD kicking in but the garage was driving me BATTY!!!
As you can see Vanessa was so eager to help...make faces that is :)
 Matthew wanted to be outside with me but also wanted to play with his toys, so I found a blanket I knew I was getting rid of and laid it out in the drive way for him to play on....
 He was a happy boy :)
Until Vanessa came along haha she decided she would get comfy on top of him....
 She loves to torment him
 And he totally takes it from her cause he loves the attention...
 Until of course she takes his transformer haha then he isn't so happy
 LOL love the look on Matthew's face :)
 Vanessa was supposed to be upstairs reading and doing homework but instead she was trying everything to avoid doing it....so after tormenting her brother for a bit, she decided she would lay in the sun haha
 Then she decided she would wash my car, mom can you get me all the stuff out and then I'll wash your car for you haha oh and when I'm done, feel free to put it all back away too haha LOVE that girl
 I think she ended up washing the car 3 times to make sure she didn't miss anything lol
 My happy lil man playing on the ground :)
 So I realized once I was done, I was a total dork and didn't take a before picture!!! But here's the after one lol before we cleaned it the entire garage was FULL of boxes, you couldn't move around in the garage too much. We still have more to finish but trust me we got a HUGE portion done!!!
Our next project we are taking on is the kitchen cabinets and counter tops...wish us luck haha

No comments: