Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas goodie baking

Since I can't eat the goodies we make for Christmas I have been a bit not quite so excited to get up and bake, but my kids LOVE cooking and helping in the kitchen, so Sunday after church we decided to get to work. Sess helped me with chocolate dipped pretzels with sprinkles.She did a fantastic job on the sprinkles don't you think??
This was Vanessa when she looked out the window and saw snow flakes coming down....
And then when she was hoping there would be so much snow she wouldn't have school on Monday....ended up only flurrying for about 20 minutes then turned to rain, which then froze over night, so the kids had a 2 hour late start :)
All the yummy goodies we made and the mess that came along with it
Dad was showing the kids how to make a look alike of stain glass :) He's so talented and teaches my kids so many great things.
Every year I have Vanessa do a craft project as her gift to all her grand-parents (she has a lot between Jared's family and mine) but this year Matthew decided to help and make some of his own to give as gifts. So the dining room has been taken over and is now the craft room!!
This was the extent of our snow so far for the year. So little of it coming down you couldn't even see it in the picture, but the kids had to go out and play in it.
First year we've made dipped pretzels and I CAN'T EAT ANY!!! :)
I got the honor of frosting all the OMG they smell and looked so good and one of my favorite cookies, the sugar cookies. I think the kids and my dad were eating them faster then I could frost them!!
Not the best picture of me but you can see I'm shrinking!!!

YUMMMM....

No comments: