The day we were leaving Utah, my dad calls me and says Matthew has something he wants to tell you.....now when it comes to my dad and Matthew being alone you NEVER know what he is about to tell me. I ask, do I really want to know this?? Dad laughed and said here's Matthew.
Matthew: Papa and I have a camp fire and we made a tent to sleep in just like Survivorman!!!
Mommy: Wow babe that is so fun...have you been good? Papa said there was something you wanted to tell me??
Matthew: Papa and I have been watching Survivorman......(ugh, I'm not sure I want him to finish this sentence) Guess what I ate today mom?
Mommy: Am I going to be sick?
Matthew: *giggling* I roasted a cricket on the camp fire and then ate it!!! (mommy gagging on the other end of the phone) Papa said he'd give me $5 bucks if I ate it!!!
Mommy: That is so disgusting sweetie!!!
**Remind me to kick my father figure in the butt for betting him $5 to eat the dang thing**
So now as we drive home from dropping Vanessa off at Grandma Pat's for the night, Matthew is sitting there informing me of all the fun things you can eat....
Matthew: Did you know you can take elephant poop and squeeze water out and drink it??
Mommy: Not gonna happen (thank goodness we don't live by elephants)
Matthew: Did you know you can eat big fat beetles? *gag* Did you know you can drink your own pee?
Mommy: You do that and you'll be grounded!!!
*Matthew giggling at mommy trying not to throw up*
6 year old boys are so much fun, but so different from girls, especially when I didn't have brothers. When he has a Papa like my dad he is one blessed and knowledgeable lil guy...I feel sorry for his new 1st grade teacher when she asks the kids what they did or learned over the summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment